Monday, February 25, 2019

Beautiful | Marsha Farris

Hey friends!  Marsha here, and today I'm sharing a layout in my traveler's notebook album.  For my spread, I used the new Beautiful You cut file available at The Cut Shoppe.



I used mainly the beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight collection to complete this layout.  To begin, I cut out the cut file using a wood grain paper from this collection.  I chose to back it with an ombre patterned paper.  I just love the way it looks layered behind the wood grain!  Next, I chose a few die cuts and stickers from this collection to create a small embellishment cluster at the bottom of the page.


For the other page, I layered my photo behind a photo frame die cut and placed a few other ephemera pieces at the bottom and top of the photo.  This helps to lead the eye around the page and draws attention to the photo of me with my precious niece.


I hand wrote my journaling on a tag and tucked it behind the photo.  For the final finishing touches, I did some machine stitching on the edges of both pages and sprinkled some wood veneer dot and heart pieces around the page.


Thanks for joining me today.  I hope I have given you some ideas for using cut files on your traveler's notebook layouts or other projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment