Monday, July 11, 2016

In Stitches Mixed Media Fun

Hello friends! Jennifer here with my first layout as a member of the 2016 - 2017 team! This new adventure is sure to be fun and I look forward to working with such talented ladies!


The In Stitches cut file from The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store is one of my favorites (available here), but I wanted to showcase it differently on this project.


To begin, I used a piece of white 12x12 watercolor paper from the local craft store. This is literally the third time I have used watercolors and I simply painted and blended with water until I thought it looked alright. 

Next, I used the In Stitches cut file to create a stencil and used molding paste for the dimensional shape.




After applying the molding paste to the stencil, I pulled it up, and let the entire page dry overnight. You can use a heat gun to dry everything faster if pressed for time. Once dried, I went over the molding paste with pink watercolor paint to make it a little more prominent.


The final step was to add my photo and embellishments, which are from the Paige Evans Fancy Free Collection. I kept it simple to focus on the background, and I think the colors compliment everything nicely.




Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!







No comments:

Post a Comment