Monday, September 26, 2016

Hey Love

Hello friends! Today I have a new layout to share with you using the Heart to Heart cut file. It was just perfect to do some hand stitching!



To create this layout, I used the sketch pen option in my Silhouette Cameo. Once I had the design drawn out, I added stitching holes. I tried to estimate about where my photos would be so I wouldn't have to stitch underneath them. Stitching takes long enough without having to do an area that will be covered up! I was inspired by the Pink Paislee Take Me Away collection, and used threads that coordinated with the colors in the patterned papers. I alternated the colors, making sure to space them out when possible. 



Once I had it stitched, I added watercolor. I found that the stitching helped me stay in the lines. With the lighter colors (yellow specifically), I found it better to paint first, and then stitch. The paint was darker than the thread and showed when I tried to do thread first.


After I had my flowers finished, I added my frames and photo. I kept the embellishing minimal to focus on the beautiful flowers. I forgot how much I love to sew cut files! Thank you for joining me today, I hope you feel inspired to do some stitching!







No comments:

Post a Comment