Thursday, January 25, 2018

Cloud | Kelly Janes

Hey friends! Kelly here today with a new layout using the Happy Little Clouds Cut File.



I started in Cricut Design Space by using the contour feature to hide the solid cloud (on the upper left of the cut file set) so the heart would be standing alone. I then duplicated that heart image and welded the hearts to the two open clouds in the main cut file image included in this set. Next I welded the single open cloud (on the upper right of the cut file set) to the main cut file image.


I added a little blue mixed media to the clouds before peeling the cut file off the cutting mat. I cut the cut file numerous times and adhered them together to create dimension. This was easier than trying to squeeze pop-dots in the thin areas of the cut file.


I placed vellum behind the open cloud images to mute out the background patterned paper. This layout is about our cat named Cloud so I liked how the embellishments from the butterflies, to the kites, and cloud cut file just fit the theme of the layout so well!


Now you can take a look at my YouTube Process Video that also includes a Cricut Design Space tutorial.



Remember to head to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the available cut files!




No comments:

Post a Comment