Monday, February 23, 2015

A Great Idea

Happy Monday, friends!  Missy here.  Have you seen this adorable new Light It Up Cut File available in the store yet?  Oh my goodness...it's just the cutest "idea" ever!  I knew right away I wanted to use these little light bulbs on a layout. 


I started out by cutting the bulbs on white cardstock.  Once I knew how I wanted my design to go, I pulled out some papers from Crate Paper and American Crafts.  These soft colors matched my photos.  My little Paige found the powder one day and you can guess what happened!  She actually did this a few times, and of course I had to take pictures every time!  :D 

I wanted each bulb to look different.  The first one I used gelatos to color it pink and grey and then backed it with vellum.  The center one I backed with striped washi tape and colored it with a few blue gelatos.  The third one I heat embossed with silver powder.  I used a striped stamp and made random marks on it so it would look kind of uneven.  I love how they all turned out, and they represent this "great idea" of spreading powder all over the living room...haha!


Here's a closer look.  I added some gesso and watercolor to my background to break up the solid white behind the bulbs.


I used the word "idea" from one of the bulbs to make part of my title.  I simply enlarged the cut file and then cut out the word and colored it with a gelato.  That cute mouth flair button (from A Flair For Buttons) is actually from a Valentine's collection, but it totally reminded me of powder!


Here's a look at the texture and layers at the top of the layout...a heat embossed wooden veneer heart, an inked wood veneer speech bubble, another flair and some tangled thread.


And one more of the simple bottom half...another heart and a cute Freckled Fawn arrow paper clip.


I hope this gives you some inspiration on how to use these cute light bulbs on a page...I just think they're really cute and can go with just about any photo.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the light bulbs and your awesome stitching! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete