Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Love You a Bunch

Hey there!  Missy here today.  I have a fun and colorful layout to share with you all.  I used two awesome cut files today...Picture Perfect and Geometric Graffiti.  I've been wanting to use those geometric triangles for a while now, and I finally made them into a background.



Here is my layout.  I used two older Pebbles collections for this...Hip Hip Hooray and From Me to You.  They are both fun and bright, and so I chose lots of papers from both lines to back the triangles.  I traced the edges with a black pen to make them pop a bit more.  Once my background was finished, I used white gesso to prime the area behind the photo and then came in with some watercolors and gelatos.  I then just added in lots of fun little chipboard pieces, stickers and tangled thread.


I used the Picture Perfect frame on top of my photo.  As you can see, it is originally a rectangular shape.  I resized it and made it square since my photo was square.  I also machine stitched around the edges.


I added in some Thickers for my title and a fun Crate Paper rub-on down here at the bottom.  I actually went too fast when I was tracing and my black pen made a big mark outside one of the triangles.  So I covered it by adding in these cute sentiment stickers.


Here's another look at those beautiful triangles.  I love how the color mix turned out and how the watercolor looks blended over it all.  I did add a bit of washi tape and tangled thread under the photo.


Here's another angle of the fun frame.  I did add a Jillibean Soup stamp here...I stamped it on vellum.  It was an impulse decision simply because the stamp set was lying on my desk at the time and I just felt like using it!  Haha...the crazy mind of a scrapbooker, right?! :D


I did make a process video of the making of this page if you're interested in watching.  Here you go!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment