Wednesday, March 9, 2016

In The Clouds

I'm back with another Costa Rica layout! One of the really cool things we did was hike a couple of canopy trails. These trails are like normal hiking trails, until you get to a gully, then you walk on a long suspension bridge that goes right out over the tops of the trees. It's a really unique look, but more on that in a future layout. These forests are high up in the mountains. Cost Rica is pretty narrow, only 76 miles at the most narrow point, and is divided by a mountain range that tops out at 12,500 feet. Monteverde, where we went hiking is about 5000 feet. It is a cloud magnet, trapping the cloud cover that blows in from either the Carri bean or the Pacific, depending on which way the wind is blowing, enveloping the forest in a blanket of warm moisture.

For my layout I started by cutting a matte from A Walk In The Clouds. I left this white and placed on blue scripty paper. Next I cut the clouds from Happy Clouds in both vellum and white card stock. I used distress ink to color the card stock clouds in dreamy blues. For my title I used the last 3 words in Child @ Heart.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/239019856/the-child-heart-cut-file-is-a-long?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=child%2B%2540%2Bheart 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/199849349/a-walk-in-the-clouds-is-a-12x12?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=a%2Bwalk




Be sure to come by the shop and find a cut file to help tell your story! See you next time
 


No comments:

Post a Comment