Tuesday, April 5, 2016

There Be Treasure Here!

September 19 is a very special day around here. It's not only my birthday, but Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day too! When my son heard about Krispy Kreme's free box promotion this year, we were all in. Talking like a pirate warranted a free donut, but why stop there, when DRESSING like one meant a free box?! Of course I couldn't walk out of the shop without spending anything, so we bought an extra dozen as well. Oh the calories!!!

A prominent title proclaims in pirate speak, "There Be Treasure Here!"


To highlight the word "treasure" in my title, I used the Open Letter Alphas, a new cut file set in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store: 


After choosing the letters I'd need, they were each cut out individually, backed with patterned paper, and adhered to the page. In some places, a letter will slip between the outline and patterned paper backing of another, interconnecting the letters, giving it a richly layered look.


Stamping and looping red hand-stitching decorate the background. Horizontal banners continue with the red, white and black color scheme.


This alphabet is sure to become a favorite! What will you use it for?!



1 comment:

  1. Amazing page Madeline! Love the huge title! (I'd recognize your work anywhere!!)

    ReplyDelete