Saturday, October 22, 2016

Superstar

Hi Everyone! Michelle here today with a fun new layout featuring one of the new cut files released in The Cut Shoppe this week - The Midnight Hour. 

This little Aussie family isn't big on Halloween, and we're currently in the middle of a very cold Spring season, so most of the current Cut files were a little tricky to use. However this super awesome 12x12 cut file made up of stars looked like it was going to be fun to create with.  The collection I've used for this layout is the stunningly beautiful Make a Wish collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, made up of some of my favourite bright colours.


To start the layout, I cut the entire design out on white cardstock, then saved all the extra star pieces from the middle of the whole stars. Next I went back to silhouette studio and removed 1 single star from the design, the one with the empty centre, and enlarged it to fit the page. This took a couple of cuts to ensure I had the right placement to be able to use the extra cut piece over the top, without having to chop any edges off. 


Once all cuts were complete, I layered a piece of pattern paper with the full 12x12 stars cut out over the top, then the enlarged star cut sheet on top of that. I've sewn around the edge of the star for a little extra detail, then added the larger star cut out over the top with some foam tape for dimension.


I kept the photo stack pretty basic with two pattern papers and a couple of label stickers, then a cluster of ephemera from the collection pack and more stars to the top right.


I've used pieces of the stars cut file that weren't going to show through the large star design in the top and bottom corners. This creates a diagonal design on the layout, and helps to draw the eyes attention across the page. I layered more pieces of ephemera from the collection to finish it off each corner.


Thanks for joining me today! I hope you've found my layout inspiring. 
Until next time, Happy Scrapping

Michelle xx





1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! I love the idea of using a back ground cut with a shape under a large cut out of the same shape!

    ReplyDelete