Saturday, June 24, 2017

First I Drink the Coffee . . .

Hello Cut Shoppe friends! It is hard to believe that a year has already gone by and I'm posting my last project with The Cut Shoppe. I have loved every minute of working with Ashley and this team of talented designers and look forward to future endeavors.

Today's project is a traveler's notebook spread using the Cuppa Joe cut file - even though I haven't traveled - which I am totally loving right now.



My project began with the spread on the left, which uses molding paste, a stencil, and gold embossing powder. Once I had the paste on the paper, I sprinkled the embossing powder over the top of everything, removed the excess, and then set it with my heat gun.


Next, I pulled some Pink Paislee and Crate Paper patterned papers from my stash (past Scrapbook Circle kits) and cut the sentiment using the Cuppa Joe file. These were adhered using foam squares and glue. This page was completed with a floral die from Paige Evans and a strip of the dotted paper to tie the spread together.


Next came the right side with my black and white photo. Here, I used more of the dotted paper from Paige Evans as a background. The photo is backed with patterned paper from Crate Paper and adhered with foam squares. Next, I used a journaling card that is cut in half - the top half is above the photo with the bottom half below.


The top of the photo is embellished with the gold "bliss" sentiment by Heidi Swapp and stickers from Webster's Pages and Shimelle.


The finished spread gives you an idea of just how much I love my morning coffee.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are inspired to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment