Friday, April 27, 2018

Mixed Media Scrapbook Journal Cover | Helen Gullett

Hello crafty friends... Helen is here :) Today I would love to share with you a mixed media project that I created using the Friends Forever, Heart Burst, and Mums The Word cutting files from The Cut Shoppe.


I decorate this Smash Journal cover with mixed media technique that I use as scrapbook journal for our journey memories.


I started with cover the cover with thin layer of white gesso. I dried it with craft heater and then I sprayed with Angle Pink Fireworks! Shimmery Crafty Spray. I set it aside to dry.


I open the Heart Burst and Friends Forever files using Silhouette Studio software, resized them to fit the sizes I wanted to use on the journal, and then cut out watercolor paper with Silhouette Cameo.

I added the Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks on my craft mat, sprayed with water, and then I smooshed the heart burst in the ink. To get the layers of colors with the same ink, I dried it in between adding ink to it.

I repeated the same steps for the hearts using the Fired Brick Distress Oxide Ink and the word Love with the Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink.


And To get the gradient colors on these words, Together and Forever, I used the same technique using the Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Ink and Broken China Distress Oxide Ink. I dried them with craft heater.

I use Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive Glue to add all the pieces on the cover. First, I added the watercolored heart burst background and then I added the word Love in the middle of the heart burst.

I printed our pictures, cut the heart shape with scissors, and then I added on the cover. After that, I added the words Together Forever, and then last is the hearts.


I cut out the Mum flower out of a piece of plastic acetate to use it as stencil. I added the texture paste on the top corner and bottom corner using this Mum stencil. I dried them with craft heater, and after that I scribble some Distress Crayon on them and blended it with my finger.


I finished this cover with some enamel dots. The cover is done. And next I will be working on the pages inside ;)




 I hope you all can enjoy this project today. Thank you for stopping by.... Have a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment