Sunday, December 31, 2017

Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree | Elsie Robinson

Hey friends, it's Elsie here with one last Christmas themed layout before we head into the New Year!


Nothing is more quintessentially Christmas than a Christmas tree, and I love the modern and geometric trees that are available in the TCS store. I used a combination of trees from the Tree Farm set and the North Pole set for this layout.


I backed each section of the trees with a different pattern, and I also used small foam dots to raise the cut file away from the patterned paper for more dimension and shadow. I've never done this technique before and whilst it was quite fiddly, it was well worth the effort!

I also used some gold and copper sequins on the trees to look like tree ornaments. I love the shimmer this adds to them!


I also used the 'rockin' around the christmas tree' phrase for my title and backed that with different patterned papers to match the trees. I love the mismatched look!


The clouds from the go fly a kite set are so cute and whimsical. I cut them from white cardstock in a variety of sizes and used them all over my background to help set my Christmas scene!

Thanks for stopping by today everyone. I hope you all have a happy and safe New Years, and I'll see you back on the blog next year! ;)





1 comment:

  1. I have bought so many files here because of your gorgeous layouts Elsie. Man o' man this is outrageously cute! I want to live there it's that cute! Cheers x Petals from Boomdeeadda

    ReplyDelete