Thursday, November 5, 2015

There's No Place Like Home

Welcome to Thursday, and NEW Cut File day in The Cut Shoppe!  We've got a variety of new sets available in the Shop today, so make sure you check them out!  I decided to work with the Write On Alpha and create a non-Halloween themed layout, using one of our photos from Halloween.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/254798382/the-write-on-alpha-cut-file-includes-the?ref=shop_home_active_11

I started my layout, by opening the Write On Alpha cut file in Silhouette Studio and tracing the entire file.  Then I Released Compound Path.  Once all of the letters were separated, I created my sentence for the background "There's No Place Like Home".  After I placed the sentence on my mat in Silhouette Studio, I enlarged the O and Z from the Write On Alpha.  Then I used the Offset tool to create a margin around the O and Z.  I moved the Offset image over the background sentences on the mat, and then highlighted over everything (all together), and went to the Modify window.  Once I was in the Modify window, I clicked Subtract, which caused the letters that were inside the O and Z to delete and create edges around the remaining letter parts.  I sent the cut job to my Cameo, and cut it from White card stock.  Then I cut the original O and Z at the original size before I added the Offset, from a patterned paper, and added it to the background, once I had placed patterned paper behind each of the sentences.

You can give this same technique a try, with the new Write On Alpha!  And if you're heading over to The Cut Shoppe to pick it up, make sure you take a look at the other new sets that are now available!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

AND DON'T FORGET...you can still save 30% off of your purchase through November 8th!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
Supplies:  Write On Alpha cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Bits & Cork Embellishments:  Crate Paper; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Wood Veneers:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

1 comment:

  1. OH Ashley, this layout is STUNNING!!!! Love your background!

    ReplyDelete