Wednesday, July 11, 2018

DIY Personalized T-Shirt and Coffee Mug | Helen Gullett

Hello The Cut Shoppe friends... Helen is back here today with another fun DIY projects using The Cut Shoppe Cutting Files.


Personalizing items are fun, special, and perfect for gifts and even for yourself to use. And... thankful for digital cutting files, you can create any thing and any style with them.

My projects today are a Personalized T-Shirt and Personalized Coffee Mug using the Brush Up Alpha, the Bountiful Blessings, and the Java Scripts.


On the t-shirt, I created the words, Grateful and Caffeinated, using the Brush Up Alpha set. First, I opened the files in PNG using my Silhouette Studio Designer Software. Then I traced them to make the cutting lines. I released the compound path for all of them, and then picked the letters I wanted to use for the words, then create compound path again.

Next step is I arranged them slightly overlapping each other, and then weld.

For the Blessed arrow word, I simply opened the PNG file, then traced the image, then released compound path of all, and then created the compound path just for the Blessed arrow word.

I measured the width and length the space I wanted to put the cut out vinyl on the t-shirt. I arranged all the all the words, resized, grouped, and then resized again to fit the size on the shirt.

Alway to remember that when you work with Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV), ALWAYS REVERSE your image before cutting it. I cut it out using the black glitter heat transfer vinyl, I added a pillow case on top of the shirt, and then using my iron (hottest setting, no steam) to transfer the image on my shirt. I pressed the top and I pressed again from the back. It is about 20-30 seconds each press.


And for the mug... to create the cutting files, I followed the same step I did for the Blessed arrow word. I resized the image to fit on my coffee mug.

I cut the image out using the purple glitter HTV. Before adding the cut out HTV on the mug, make sure you clean the mug with alcohol wipe to remove all the residue and dirt.

I added the cut out HTV on the mug, and I used my iron to transfer the image. I did it directly on top of the plastic carrier, no pillow case layer. I pressed longer that I did on the shirt. And also I only used the tip of the iron. I lifted up the plastic carried often to make sure the HTV was glued on the mug.

After all image transferred well on the mug, I secured it with Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe. Using this Mod Podge, to make sure it can be washed at Top Rack Dishwasher. But it takes about 30 days to cure before you can put it in the dishwasher. So if you plan to make this mug for presents, plan ahead... especially for Christmas, it is great time to start planning and making :D :D :D

Here are all the cutting files I used on my projects today:




I hope these projects give you some inspirations to keep creating with The Cut Shoppe cutting files. THANK YOU so much for stopping by today. Have wonderful day!


3 comments:

  1. It is an nice post keep share the valuable information like this.
    Customized Coffee Mug

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you explain is very easy to understand. You can also check our blog : personalized t-shirts

    ReplyDelete