Thursday, July 12, 2018

New Cut Files | Rest Stop

Hey friends!  It's time for four NEW Cut File sets!  The Design Team members have put in some suggestions recently, so I've been working on covering some of their requests!  I think you will like all of today's new sets...I know I did!  I liked them so much, I decided to combine two cut files on the layout I'm sharing today.  I worked with the Tangled Triangles 8.5x11 cut file and the Super Star Alpha cut file.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/627789033/the-tangled-triangles-cut-file-can-be?ref=shop_home_feat_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/627788449/the-super-star-alpha-can-be-used-for?ref=shop_home_feat_2

I used two of my favorite techniques on this layout, hand-stitching and backing a cut file.  The Simple & Sweet collection from Pinkfresh Studio is one of my new favorites, so I grabbed it for my layout.  I worked on my title first, and used the Silhouette Cameo sketch pens to draw out part of the title for hand-stitching.  And I wanted to use a large, vertical title on the layout to fill in the space next to the Tangled Triangles cut file.


After I finished my title, I worked on backing the cut file with some of the 6x6 papers from the Simple & Sweet collection.  I didn't want to fill in all of the triangle spaces, but I thought it would be fun to bring in some pops of color and pattern with a few of the papers.  


I used a larger than normal photo on the layout, and changed it to black & white because I really wanted it to stand out.  Then I placed embellishments around the Tangled Triangle cut file to add balance to the design.

You can check out my process for this layout, in my new video.  And I would love to have you as a new Subscriber on my YouTube channel!



Now is a great time to head over to The Cut Shoppe Etsy store and check out the new designs.  And it's always fun to pick up a few extras while you're there!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/

No comments:

Post a Comment