Friday, August 26, 2016

Best Kid Ever

Hello friends!  Candace here today sharing with you a fun boy themed layout using my current favorite cut file the Everyday Essentials cut file set.


If I haven't said it already, I love this cut file!  It really does have the "Everyday Essential"  cut files that you would need for your projects.  The possibilities are endless!  
One of my favorite techniques is to mix open space in cut files with stitching.  The star in the center of this cut file set is perfect for this!  Here is a look at the final layout!



In the close ups you can see how I switched between keeping the file open or stitching around it.  This add more dimension and interest to your layout.




I loved using all the fun embellishments from the Cool Kid collection from Crate Paper!  Such a super fun collection for documenting all the boy moments in life.  
I hope you enjoyed a little mix and match inspiration today!  Give stitching and backing a cut file a try on your next layout and don't forget to tag #thecutshoppe so we can swoon over your creations!

Have a beautiful day!

Candace


1 comment:

  1. I would like to find out how to mix up the cut and stitch within a file. Is there a video somewhere I can watch and learn how to accomplish the "Hello There" you have used in one of your layouts. I also like how the star has a mixture of cut and stitch.

    ReplyDelete