Sunday, December 17, 2017

Party on | Anna Komenda

Hello everyone. It's Anna here with my last project for 2017. I can't believe how fast this year went by. I am wrapping up this year with a party themed page. My daughter turned 9 few days ago and we had a party at home. Every year we buy giant balloon with a number and fill it with helium. It's like a tradition. Each year I take pictures of her with that balloon and scrap them like crazy :)


This year we had a pink 9 and when I was scrolling through the Cut Shoppe site I found this fun set of birthday cut files called "Party on"


I thought that those numbers look the same as our balloon and it started the process of inspiration and planning the page.


I wanted to add shimmer so I printed the "9" and "party on" using my laser printer and foiled it with Minc. You can use Print and cut feature or just cut it by hand. Just remember to leave a little offset. Thank to that the foil will cover the edges nicely too. 


I used rose gold foil for the "9" and gold for "party on". i also cut party hat and 9 candles using watercolor paper. I painted them with watercolors ans added to tge design.


Taking pictures of foiled elements is a nightmare. No matter how hard you try - you can't show how pretty the foiling is. It looks like a black surface. Foiling is a fun way of using your cut files and I like doing it from time to time. There is a magic happening when you peel of the foil and reveal the foiled image.

I hope you like my page. Thank you for stopping by and see you in 2018. Have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment