Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Mug Shot | Kelly Janes

Hey everyone! Kelly here today to share a new layout using the Java Script Cut File.



I started in Cricut Design Space by using the "contour" feature to hide the words in the coffee mug. I then took one of the hearts from the steam and duplicated it. I resized the heart and "sliced" it in the center of the mug. I then cut the mug on a piece of ombre patterned paper from Pinkfresh Studio.


I took a piece of white cardstock and added some mixed media and stamping. I positioned the mug in the center of the layout after I added hand-stitching around the outside edge of the cut file. I then added numerous floral die cuts to make it look like they were coming out of the mug.


I added my photo to the left of the cut file and positioned my title on the mug. I added my journaling with a white pen at the base of the mug; along with white splatters. I thought the edges of the layout looked a little bare, so I cut messily along the edges and added a pink patterned paper.

This layout was so fun to put together! Coffee & my dogs are two of my favorite things!




2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I'm going to share it in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing: i like the freshness of colours. The stiched fringes are awesome too! Kudos to an artist.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    A day without a scrapbooking is a lost day. - Author Cestitka

    ReplyDelete