Sunday, March 22, 2020

Easter Cards | Mandy Melville

Hi everyone!

Mandy back again today to share a couple of Easter cards that I made using some new designs from The Cut Shoppe. There are quite a few Easter themed cut files in the shop if you're looking for some to use on your projects, and Ashley has recently added two more, which are the ones that I've used on my cards today.


Here's a look at the Risen cut file that I used on my first card:

Risen


I started by resizing the cut file to fit on my card and cutting it on white cardstock. I then backed the cut file with some Felicity Jane patterned papers from the Sophie kit from a few years back. (Creating cards is a great way of using up those scraps that you've been hoarding!). Before adhering the cut file, I added a piece of light wood grain patterned paper to the front of the card, as well as a couple of scallops that I fussy cut out of one of the papers.


As you can see, I adhered the cut file using foam tape, which gave it some nice dimension. To finish the card off, I used some FJ alphabet stickers to add the 'He is' above the 'Risen', and I tucked a fussy cut flower under the bottom edge of the cut file.


For my next card I used the Easter Basket cut file:

Easter Basket

Again, I resized the cut file to fit the card and cut it out of white cardstock. I used patterned papers from the same collection to back the cut file, and this time I added a pink grid patterned paper to the front of the card to help the cut file to really pop.


I once again adhered the cut file using foam tape for added dimension, and I also tucked some leaves and florals in around the cut file to add some more detail. Lastly, I added the word 'easter' above the basket, curving it around the handle of the basket.


I hope that You enjoyed taking a look at my cards, and that you've been inspired to use these beautiful Easter themed cut files on your projects as well!

As this will be my last blog post as part the design team for The Cut Shoppe, I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you to Ashley for having me as part of her team, (twice over the years!). I've loved creating with her awesome cut files, and will continue to do so. I also want to wish Ashley all the very best as she closes this chapter, and moves onto new things. I know that we have all appreciated the time and effort that she has put into designing cut files for The Cut Shoppe over the past 6 years!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, great post!

    Áo khoác Đà Lạt chuyên sỉ và lẻ áo khoác áo khoác nam với giá ưu đãi nhất 2020. Luôn cập nhật mẫu mới chất lượng và dày ấm nhất kể cả với thời tiết lạnh giá các nước có du học sinh và xuất khẩu lao động. Aokhoacdalat.com được đồng hành cùng các bạn!!!!

    ReplyDelete