Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Happy spring layout - Lisa Fonseca

Hey friends, 

it's Lisa on the blog and today I'm sharing my last layout for TheCutShoppe.


The cutfile I'm using is called Happy spring, you can find it by clicking on this link. :)

For this layout, I wanted to use very bright spring colors, so I chose pink, yellow and mint. I went through my paper scrap stash and chose all the ones that I thought would look good together, then I traced all the letters on the mint and pink papers and cut them out. 


For my background, I created three stripes of color, using acylics, on a white cardstock sheet. Then I adhered my letters to the mint and pink sections. I wasn't careful with the placement of the letters, I wanted them to be a bit crooked, so that when I placed the cutfile on top, they would't match perfectly. If you have been following me for a while, I'm sure you know that I like doing this. I like when the letters peek out from the sides.


The yellow section was still empty at this point. I wanted to place my photo there but I also needed something else to fill up more space. So I went back to my cutfiles and used one of the flowers from the Spring Flowers cutfile. I backed it, as well as my photo, with a yellow patterned paper. I thought it would be cool if the flower had a stem going down to the green section. So I cretated a stem with leaves and a cute little knot. 


I went through my stash and chose a lot of cute little details to add. Stickers, ephemera pieces... I added them all to the corresponding section. To finish I splattered some paint. 
I hope you like how it turned out. 


I want to thank Ashley Horton again for giving me the chance to work with her great cutfiles. Audrey, I wish you all the best for your future projects. :) 

Don't forget that you can still purchase cutfiles on the CutShoppe website!!! :) 

Thank you for the support and nice comments on Instagram.

See you,

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment