Monday, March 16, 2020

Boys will be Boys | Mandy Melville

Hello everyone!

Mandy here with you today to share a layout that I created featuring the new Boys will be Boys cut file from The Cut Shoppe. It was perfect for documenting these photos of my son doing what he loves best!


Here's a look at the cut file:

Boys Will Be Boys

I started my layout off by cutting the title on white cardstock and backing it with patterned papers that complemented the colours in the photos. I decided on using the Cocoa Vanilla 'Boys Rule' collection for this layout. I positioned the title at the bottomof the page, leaving enough room for the two 3x4 inch photos at the top. I adhered the cut file to the page using foam tape for added dimension and interest.


I matted my photos with patterned papers from the Boys Rule collection and then tucked them under the top edge of the cut file. Next I created a little embellishment cluster to the left of the photos using a die cut, stickers, chipboard and a felt star.


To finish the layout off, I added some more embellishments in the bottom right hand corner of the layout. You will notice that all of my embellishments are positioned diagonally down the page from the top left to the bottom right, which helps to draw the viewer's eye down the page.


Lastly, I added some typed journaling to the layout, and a couple of little wood veneer stars.

Thanks so much for joining me here on the blog today. I hope that you've been inspired by my layout! Make sure you go check out all of the new designs available from The Cut Shoppe!


No comments:

Post a Comment