Sunday, March 15, 2020

counting stars / Kim jeffress

It's Kim back on the blog today. I  love using classic shapes in my scrapbooks. With boys, stars are a shape I used often. When my son recently was awarded elite squad membership at jujitsu I  couldn't go past using the Counting Stars cut file from the Cut Shoppe website. It was the perfect place to add my title, journaling and ephemera and also a perfect way to show achievement.





I began by cutting it out on some white cardstock and then layered the  Counting Stars cut file over some pattern paper in my Heidi Swapp Storyline Chapters notebook. I then added some stickers and thickers over the top of the cut file to create texture. It created such a fun effect!


Finally I added my journaling at the bottom of the cut file. I love how the open stars create just the right amount of texture and design to add my layers on top! It is busy but having the open stars also allows for the eye to rest. I will definitely be using this cut file again!
Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment