Friday, October 20, 2017

"Hand Picked" with Kira

Do you ever start out with one idea in mind for a layout, and then end up with something completely different?  That's exactly what happened with this layout.




I started with the idea of taking a few of the circles from the Around & Around cut file from The Cut Shoppe, "welding" them together in design space along with a few of the leaves from the Funky Florals cut file.  I wanted my design to go in a diagonal direction, so that's how I welded the cut file.  And then after a lot of backing with pretty paper, and fussing with placement, and almost throwing the layout out completely...I stepped away.

When I came back to my layout, I decided to take it in a different direction.  I cut up my previously welded cut file and decided to use the Around & Around cut file as flowers in a horizontal design.


I decided to add in a few more leaves to give the look of a floral design, and luckily I had some leaves from the Autumn Acres cut file I had used on a previous layout.  I also had a few stray leaves from the Funky Floral cut file floating around my desk too.  I backed some of them with paper and left some un-backed.



I chose this darker blue buffalo check pattern as my background but to add more interest I tore off the bottom 1" and folded up one of the corners.  I placed some textured white cardstock under and tucked another circle and another leaf under the folded flap.


 I love to add bakers twine to my layouts to give it an extra added texture so I placed some around my page in three places.  I finished off my layout with some gold thickers spelling out "Hand Picked" as my title.



Thank you so much for stopping by!










No comments:

Post a Comment