Sunday, February 25, 2018

All The Heart Eyes | Elsie Robinson

Hey TCS fans, happy Sunday! Even though Valentine's is technically over, there's never a wrong time to create a lovey-dovey page! Here is the layout I created:


For the main element on this page I combined two cut files to create a cupid's heart.

To create the heart I used a heart from the Heart Eyes set and backed it with some gorgeous pink and red paper from Crate Paper.


For some extra texture and cuteness I stitched a blanket stitch all around the edge of my heart. I thought this would work well with my photo of my cat when she was a tiny kitten wrapped in a blanket!


I used the arrow from the Doodle Dandy set and cut it in half to make it look like it was shooting through the heart. Initially I cut the arrow from white cardstock, but felt like I needed some sparkle on the page, so I heat embossed the cut file with some gold glitter powder!

It was super easy to do: I just pressed the paper into my embossing ink pad and heat set some gold powder and I had my own custom glittery paper!


For some extra whimsy I added some clouds from the Go Fly A Kite set. I cut both the swirly outline and backing piece from white cardstock and glued them together. Although this is subtle, I love the extra detail it adds!




No comments:

Post a Comment