Thursday, February 22, 2018

Valentine Mini

Hey friends! Kelly here with you today to share a new Valentine's Day themed mini album.


I'm not usually into Valentine's Day but this year I was about all things pink and heart shaped. So I thought it would be fun to create a mini album dedicated to all those things! I used my deep cut Cricut blade, a scrap piece of cardboard (the packaging that is included in orders from scrapbook.com), and the XOXO Cut File to create the cover. I used the Melody Ross Chip Art Stamps and acrylic paint to alter the cardboard to give the cover more of a Valentine look.


This mini album was the perfect excuse to use up scraps & embellishments from my stash that I've been hoarding. I also used other cut file images from the XOXO Cut File, A Banner Day Cut File and The All the Things Cut File inside the album. I didn't embellish the album until after I already had it bound, so the challenge was making it fun without making it so thick it wouldn't close. Using the cut files really helped me keep the album from getting too bulky...


...because backing cut files is a great way to add texture without making the album too chunky...


...and there isn't a need to add a lot of embellishing to the pages that have cut files, because they add a lot of visual interest all on their own.



Now you can take a look at my mini album flip through video so you can see the entire album cover to cover.



Remember to head to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all the cut files and be sure to tag The Cut Shoppe when posting on social media!


No comments:

Post a Comment