Monday, November 5, 2018

Back To School Layout!



Hello Lovelies, it's Theresa here today with a back to school layout using this amazing cut file from The Cut Shoppe! You can purchase this file here.



Here is my layout, with a photo from our daughter Natalie's first day of fifth grade.




I love all the fun details in this cut file, so I chose the beautiful floral pattern from Simple Stories Simply Fall collection, and cut the file using a pale pink. Pink in fall is just my absolute favorite, and it pops beautifully on the darker paper behind it.



I knew I would want space for journaling, and the background color was a bit overwhelming, so I used my favorite mixed media tool: gesso. Now the cut file and the journaling show up beautifully, and just enough of the patterned paper shows on my layout!



I decided to back the cut file with other beautiful papers from the Simply Fall collection. The plaid, the tiny floral, and the acorns are still visually light but add a bit of color.



Of course I wanted a few fun embellishments, so I added a cluster around my photo, and two other smaller clusters that form a visual triangle around the cut file. Here is another look at the full layout!



I also filmed my process for this fun layout, if you'd like you can view that here.



Thank you for joining me today! See you soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment