Saturday, November 3, 2018

October Love with Kira

Hey friends!  It's Kira.  I know, I know...October is over.  But let me reminisce about it a bit, okay?  I live in San Antonio, and our Octobers are typically like a more mild summer, except this year we got some cold weather that made my Seattle native heart so happy!  Anyway, October is definitely my favorite month.  So much so, that I felt the need to document it.



One of my favorite cut files from The Cut Shoppe is Autumn Acres.  I've used it multiple times on a plethora of layouts.  If you haven't picked it up in the shop yet, go do it!  It's such a versatile cut file!  I hadn't used this leaf shape before, which is basically the reason I decided to use it on this layout.



I started with this rainbow background paper from the new Paige Evans Whimsical collection.  I love a good rainbow, which is what inspired this entire layout.



I grabbed some scrap paper from my stash in a rainbow of colors (substituting red for pink).  And then I cut the leaves in a few sizes from all of the papers.  Then I sat and stared at my layout for awhile, because I didn't know what direction I wanted it to take after this.  Kelly suggested some stitching behind my leaves, which let's be honest, MADE this whole page.  So thank you Kelly for the amazing suggestion!



After I stitched messing lines in various colors, I glued down my leaves.  I love texture and dimension on my layouts, so I just added a dab of glue in the center of the leaf and allowed the leaves to sort of tangle among each other.



I finished off the layout with a Color Cast Designs acrylic piece, "October is my favorite" and color blocked small embellishments among the leaves.



We'd love to see what you create with The Cut Shoppe cut files, join us in our Facebook group to share!

xo, Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment