Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Family Is Here With You | Mixed Media Layout With Theresa

Hello lovelies, Theresa here today with an awesome mixed media layout using the Shining Star cut file!



I was inspired to create a boy layout and I had a photo of our son Addison, standing on the foundation of our home as it was  being built in 2014. Here is my layout I created.




I began my layout using Vicki Boutin mixed media paper and my Dr. ph Martin India inks in Cherry Red, Turquoise, Golden Yellow, and Orange. I dropped inks on the page, one by one, sprayed with water, and then lifted the ink off the page using paper towels to get the colors and depth of color I wanted. I then cut the cut file from a blue patterned paper from Paige Evans' Horizon collection, and I cut my photo in the star shape to fit in the center.



I added a very simple embellishment cluster on one side of the photo, plus a journal tag. I also punched some hearts and stars from other patterns in the Horizon collection and used those as additional embellishments.



To create a visual triangle on the page, I added an embellishment cluster at the top of the page. I punched more shapes from patterned paper - this time clouds - to create the cluster. I also stamped a bit of pattern and a word stamp using a Pinkfresh Studio stamp set to help ground the cluster.



For my title I used the puffy stickers from the Horizon collection. They are adhered on the far left of the layout, forming the third point in the visual triangle. The cut file leads your eye to all three points in the triangle, the rays from the star direct you right to each cluster. 



This was such a simple layout, thanks to the excellent design of the cut file! I hope you are inspired to use this cut file and be sure to share with us when you do! See you again soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment