Thursday, April 11, 2019

NEW CUT FILES | Easter Bunny

It's almost time to grab your Easter baskets and go on the hunt for all of those dyed eggs or candy-filled plastic eggs!  I love celebrating Easter, because we always have a great Easter service at church and then we get to have lunch and hunt eggs with the family afterwards.  Last year, we did our egg hunt at my sister's house, and I decided to use one of the photos of my niece with the NEW Easter Bunny Cut File for my layout.


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/easter-bunny




I thought this cut file and photo would pair perfectly with the new Happiness collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I started out by enlarging the cut file just a bit and cutting it from White card stock.  Then I backed the Easter Bunny phrase with the Botanical Bliss patterned paper from the collection.  I liked that it was a darker patterned paper, because I wanted a lighter contrasting paper to back the flowers, so I used Meadow.


When I bought the Happiness collection, I made sure I got two sheets of the Bright & Beautiful paper.  I loved the wood grain on one side and the butterflies on the other side are great for fussy cutting!  Since I cut the Easter Bunny cut file from White card stock, I decided to uses the wood grain paper for my background.  Once I had the cut file in place, I added my photo above it.  I wanted to use a lot of embellishments from the collection around my photo, so I mixed in some ephemera pieces, stickers and clear stickers.  


I knew that I wanted to add a second cluster, to balance out my photo cluster, so I created a smaller one on the bottom right of the layout.  I popped up one of the pretty flower stickers with some dimensional foam and then brought in a few phrases and ephemera pieces.  To finish up the layout, I also decided to add a few embellishments over the words, Easter Bunny.  I didn't want to add too much, but I wanted a few things to bring a little bit more interest to the title.

You can find the Easter Bunny cut file in The Cut Shoppe store, along with three other awesome NEW designs!  Make sure you head over to the store to check them al out!!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment