Saturday, April 20, 2019

Enjoy the Moment | Kelly Janes

Hey friends! Kelly here today with a new 12x12 layout using the Freebie Friyay Picture This Cut File.




I started in Cricut Design Space by "ungrouping" the SVG cut file. I wanted the right image on the center row to fit my 2.5"x 3.5" photo, so I enlarged and sized each section of the cut file. After I had each part of the sections sized, I welded the image together. Once it was welded, it was much larger than the 11.5" that Design Space will cut. To solve that issue, I inserted a square and sized it to 11.5". I positioned the square over the cut file image and sliced the square & cut file. This made the cut file image 11.5" without having to make the image smaller so it would still accommodate my photo. [You can find a step-by-step Cricut tutorial in the process video at the bottom of this post.]


I cut the Picture This Cut File on a patterned paper from the Pink Paislee Whimsical Collection. I adhered the cut file to a piece of white cardstock. I then added my photo, embellishments to each frame, and machine stitching to each row of frames. I wanted the layout to be very clean and simple so I didn't add any mixed media or splatters.



Now you can take a look at my process video that also includes a Cricut Design Space tutorial.


Thanks so much for spending part of your day with me and remember to visit The Cut Shoppe Store to check out all of the cut files; including the Freebie Friyay Cut Files!


No comments:

Post a Comment