Thursday, August 22, 2019

NEW CUT FILES | Good Things

Even though it's probably just my imagination, it feels like fall is just around the corner.  But since it's still been in the mid 90's here, it's probably just wishful thinking.  My favorite thing about scrapbooking, is that it can be any season you want!  I broke out one of my new fall collections, Again and Again from Pink Paislee, to use with the NEW Geometric Frames Cut File.  And I have to tell you, that this layout makes me all kinds of happy!


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/geometric-frames





I went with a white cardstock background, so I could cut the Geometric Frames cut file from the wood grain patterned paper in the Again and Again collection.  I placed the cut file on my background paper and used liquid adhesive to adhere it.  Then I took the center of one of the frames, and used it as a template to cut the same shape from other papers in the collection.  I placed each shape inside the frames, and tried to vary the placement to keep similar patterns and colors from being side by side.


I cropped my photo into the same shape and used my paper trimmer to keep a white border around the photo.  I love the black & white photo on this layout, because the colors would have clashed, if I had left it in color.   I decided to keep the embellishing around the photo very simple.  I used a phrase sticker that says "smile" and an epoxy chevron piece.  The contrast of the black & white photo helps it to stand out, so I didn't really need a lot of embellishments around it to draw attention to it.


I always love to use stickers and ephemera from my collections, and the center of each of the geometric frames was a perfect spot for embellishing.  I used dimensional foam behind most of the embellishments to give them a bit of separation from the patterned paper beneath them.  

You can find the Geometric Frames cut file in The Cut Shoppe store, along with three other NEW Designs!!  Don't forget to stop by and check them out!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/

No comments:

Post a Comment