Wednesday, August 7, 2019

This Is Us | Erica Thompson

This summer my husband and I attended a White Sox game...not just any White Sox game but the cross town classic. We had so much fun I knew I wanted to document this photo I took of us in our seats. Which by the way were fantastic! Sox lost the game but we had an awesome time. I printed the photo in black and white because I knew I would have a lot of color going on in my layout! I used a past Clique Kit that featured Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope and the This is Us cut file!
I pulled out a lot of ink pads from Catherine Pooler and began to create my background. I took the ink pads and applied some ink to an acrylic block. I added a couple sprays of water and used a paint brush to pick up some color. I make splatters across the page in all the pretty colors! I took some old packaging and smooshed it into some of the splatters to get a watercolor look. I love how it turned out.
Once the background was dry I added foam adhesive behind my cut file that I backed with papers from Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope! I adhered down to my layout and began to embellish with different pieces of ephemera and stickers. I created two different flower clusters. One on the right side and one on the left.
Here is a look at my completed layout using the This Is Us cutfile! I just love how it turned out. I hope you will grab this fabulous file from The Cut Shoppe and create something great! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment