Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Merry & Bright

Hey there, friends!  Missy here today.  All of the new Christmas cut files in the store have me so excited to scrap holiday photos!  It's really hard to select just a few to use on one page.  I narrowed it down to three different cut files to help create this layout--Merry Little Christmas, Christmas Captured and Winter Wishes.  I used mostly Elle's Studio goodies for this.

I cut the background on plain white cardstock after shrinking it down a bit.  I backed it with a light blue patterned paper to give it a subtle effect.  I wanted it to stand out, but not be overpowering.  I layered more patterned papers underneath my photos.  I cut a few of those adorable frames and used them as layering pieces.  Lastly, my title is a cut files.  I used my red sketch pen on my Cameo to trace the words, and then I cut them out and used watercolor pencils to shade in the color.


Here you can see the background cut.  I added a bit of watercolor here and there to add interest, and I love how that turned out.  I love that you can expand or shrink these files to fit exactly what you want.


I used pop dots to raise up my title, and I love the shadows and depth created here.  Shading this title was easy!  Watercolor pencils are very easy to use...you just dip the point into some water and it goes on so smoothly and blends really nicely.


Lastly, here's another shot of the title, one of the frames and the background together.  You really can mix and match a lot of these files together.  They're very versatile.


Here are the exact files I used:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/212846684/the-merry-little-christmas-cut-file?ref=shop_home_active_11&ga_search_query=christmas

https://www.etsy.com/listing/213901649/the-christmas-captured-cut-file-includes?ref=shop_home_active_2&ga_search_query=christmas

https://www.etsy.com/listing/212852649/the-winter-wishes-background-cut-file-is?ref=shop_home_active_12&ga_search_query=christmas

I hope this inspires you to create something awesome using some of the Christmas cut files!  Get creative and try out the sketch pens...you'll love them!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the watercolor look to your title. Looks so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the watercolor look to your title. Looks so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete