Saturday, December 27, 2014

Snowflakes & Pineapples

 You might ask how snowflakes and pineapples can even relate to one another... the answer? 
They don't. Haha. Except when they're in the same blog post, like today.

It's Heather here to share a couple of projects with you! 

I made this layout with the snowflake diecuts from the Winter Weather cut file. I'm pretty sure I could create hundreds of projects with just this one cutfile. I think it is my fave. :) Also that little heart snowflake on the bottom left is a FREE cutfile from a past newsletter. Be sure you're signed up for the newsletter to snag all those free files! 


I wanted this page to be very colorful, so I backed the snowflake diecuts with some bright patterned paper. After backing the diecuts with paper, I sewed over them with some grey/silver thread.


This past weekend, my dad, sister, and I took a little weekend getaway trip to the beach. Of course it was a little chilly, so I thought the snowflakes would give a nice "cold" feel to the page.


And now on to the pineapples! :)

I had this brilliant-not-so-brilliant idea to make a stencil from a piece of paper. My original plan was to make GOLD pineapples. So trendy, right? First I heat embossed them, using the diecut stencil I created from the Prickly Pineapple cutfile. But my gold embossing powder was way too dark. So next I tried gold paint. Nope. Didn't like it. So, I ended up just using some basic yellow watercolor paint and BAM! Loved it. :) And you can see that I got my bit of gold touch in the form of a doily. So not all is lost. 


The pineapples just add a little cute whimsical feel to the card, don't you think? 


So that's it for today, folks! Thanks for joining me! 




1 comment: