Monday, April 23, 2018

Beautiful - Erica Thompson

Hello Cut Shoppe Fans!  Erica here with you today using the Flutterby cut file and some Simple Stories I Am collection! 

 I just love this cut file and decided to change it up a bit by taking the butterflies off the circle.  One of the things I love about cut files is that you can change them up a bit!  Now this could be done in the software but I was not sure yet what I was going to do when I cut the file out.  I just had a pile of files cut out since my scrap time is limited!  

I started with plain white cardstock as my background and added some white gesso.  Now if anyone has a favorite gesso please let it down below in the comments because I do not like the way the one I used changed my white paper to a dirty white.  Maybe I should try clear?  Anyway if someone has suggested I would love to hear them!  So back to my layout....added gesso and them so color with a bunch of different mists and inks from my stash.  Some Shimmerz, Distress Ink, and Heidi Swapp Color Shine!
I backed the cutfile with one of the papers from the Simple Stories I Am collection that had a watercolored look to it!
Here is a look at my completed layout and you can check out my full process on my YouTube channel HERE!

Here is a look at my completed layout using the Flutterby cut file!

Make sure to check out shop for all the fabulous files and stay tuned for some new ones coming soon!  Also mark you calendars for our NSD event!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment