I love the mix of files in the Girl Power release, and was really drawn to the file that looks like stems to me. I've had this SnapChat pic of me laying around forever, and decided to come up with some that worked with the photo and the cut file I like so much.
I sized the stems to approximately 3.25 x 11.6, then cut three of them from kraft cardstock. I found three patterns in my stash and back the open areas of the file, adding the patterns at random.
Next I used the knife tool in my Silhouette software and detached one of the beautiful butterflies from the Social Butterfly background file. I like things in 3's, so I made one larger butterfly and two smaller. I cut the butterflies once from a coordinating patterned paper, then removed all the interior cut lines and cut them again.
I used a tiny bit of adhesive to attach the butterflies together, then ran them through my sewing machine. I also adhered the stems and stitched those to my background kraft paper.
I wanted lots of dimension on my page, so I lifted the edges of all the cut files off the paper once everything was stitched into place.
I used some layers behind the photo then added a sticker and enamel dots and triangles for the butterfly trails.
Thanks for checking out my newest layout for The Cut Shoppe!