Anyway, I decided to use it on a layout about my youngest son's first time dying eggs. In the photo, he's showing me the dye on his cute little fingers (but let's be honest here, the dye was EVERYWHERE).
I started out by cutting the cut file on textured white cardstock. Then I uploaded the cut file into design space again, but this time deleted all but one butterfly and left it as a solid image. I cut the solid butterfly out ten times at the same size of the other butterflies on plain vellum.
After I cut the vellum butterflies, I repeated the same step but with some pattern paper. I used the exclusive paper in the April Citrus Twist PL kit, which is this gorgeous rainbow. After all the butterflies were cut out, I layered them behind my cut file and adhered them together with just a tiny bit of glue right down the center of the butterflies.
I adhered the cut file (with vellum and pattern paper butterflies attached) to a piece of plain white textured cardstock using a small amount of glue. Then I took my sewing machine and stitched along the center of the butterflies, all along the cut file, twice with white thread. I folded up the wings and separated all the sections of the butterflies to give it some added dimension.
Then it was just a matter of embellishing. And per the usual, I finished it off with a little bit of gold Heidi Swapp color shine. And I am obsessed with how it came out! I hope you try out this cut file too! I can't wait to see what you come up with!