Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Coffee Break : Kim Jeffress

Hello everyone! It is Kim Jeffress and I  am thrilled to be joining you here on The Cut Shoppe blog for the first time. I was so happy to see the new Coffee Break cut file in the shop and I knew straight away which photos I was going to scrap with the new  design.


The Coffee Break cut file was perfect for these photos of my husband finding his favourite Italian coffee when we visited Rome recently.



I cut the cut file on some dark woodgrain pattern paper from Heidi Swapp. Do you spy how I trimmed off the spoon and saucer from the design?  Don't be afraid to play around with your designs to better suit your layout.


I added some contrasting pattern paper under neath the layered heart and adhered it with foam tape so the heart sides stand up from the base. I love this subtle way of creating texture.


I also added foam tape underneath the large areas of the cup and handle, while adhering the thin outline directly to my background pattern paper. This provides some contrast to the dark wood pattern paper and again adds depth and dimension.


I added some fun word stickers to the coffee cup for an eclectic feel. I love the contacts this provides against the dark wood grain pattern paper. 
I have popped my layout into my travel album I am working on and I can't wait to make my next layout!
Till next time!




2 comments:

  1. Love this and will share in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your mixed media effects Gio, a fabulous altered piece.

    Italian coffee

    ReplyDelete