Sunday, October 6, 2019

This is Us | Mandy Melville

Hello everyone!

Mandy here with you today, and I'm so excited to be back on The Cut Shoppe design team, and creating with Ashley's awesome cut files! I've had my eye on the This is Us cut file since it was first released, and so I knew that I wanted to use that on my first project as part of the new design team. I scrapbooked a recent family photo that my sister-in-law took of us when we visited the Hunter Valley Gardens with them. We don't often get photos of the five of us together, unless its a selfie, so I was keen to get this photo documented!


This Is Us

I started by cutting the cut file out of white cardstock and backing the words with patterned papers from the Vicki Boutin All the Good Things and Field Notes collections. I then positioned the cut file over a text background paper from Felicity Jane, and adhered it using foam tape for added dimension.


I matted my photo with a red patterned paper to help it to really stand out and also to bring out the red in the photo. I added it on the right hand side of the page overlapping the cut file, and once again I used foam tape to adhere it. I then embellished around the photo using die cuts and stickers from the Field Notes collection.


To balance out the photo cluster on the right, I created another floral cluster over on the left hand side of the page using fussy cut florals and a die cut phrase. There was a good space next to the word 'is' in the cut file where I could add elements without covering up the title too much.


Across the top and bottom of the page I added a strip of black scallop washi tape, which provides some nice contrast to the layout, and helps to frame the page. I also added a little banner die cut to the top left hand corner of the page.


To finish the layout off I added three red heart stickers around the page to create a visual triangle.


Thanks so much for joining me here on the blog today! I'll be back to share another project later in the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment