Monday, October 21, 2019

Summer Memories | Mandy Melville

Hey friends!

Mandy here today to share a new layout featuring the Beach Life cut file from The Cut Shoppe! Here in Australia, we're just starting to head into the warmer weather, and I was in the mood to scrapbook a summer photo! I decided to document a photo that I took of my son and youngest daughter when we spent a day at the beach last summer, and I knew that Beach Life cut file would be perfect for that!


Beach Life

I cut the cut file out of white cardstock and backed each of the images with some bright and summery patterned papers. I used a combination of Felicity Jane, Cocoa Vanilla and Heidi Swapp papers and embellishments on this layout. Once I'd backed each of the sections in the cut file, I adhered it to my background using craft foam to give it lots of nice dimension.


I matted my photo and then adhered it overlapping the right hand side of the cut file. I then created a cluster of cute summery embellishments on the bottom right hand corner of the photo. I also added my title 'Summer Memories' here using a die cut piece combined with a rubber charm.


To balance out the photo and embellishments on the right hand side of the page, I clustered some floral die cuts and a shell chipboard piece around the thongs on the left hand side of the cut file.


To complete the visual triangle, and to help draw the viewer's eye around the page, I created a third embellishment cluster up in the top left hand corner of the layout.


I finished it off with some cute puffy stickers, epoxy dots, clear word stickers, and lastly some black ink splatters.

Thanks for joining me here on the blog today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my summery page! Don't forget to head on over to the shop to grab this fun cut file to use on your own beachy projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment