Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Lovely Day layout - Lisa Fonseca

Hey scrappy people,

it's Lisa and today I'm sharing a new layout, using the SQUARE OFF cutfile.


You can find the cutfile on the CUTSHOPPE website. 

When you look at the cutfile as is, you see this regular square pattern. When I looked at it a bit longer though, I could make out a heart in the middle, by filling only some of the squares. In fact, the very cool thing about this cutfile, is that you can fill any squares and make it look different every time. So there are many possibilities with this cutfile. 


To fill the squares, I wanted to use only reds, pinks, oranges and purples. The little 2x2 paper pads from Pink Paislee, are exactly the same size as were the squares of my cutfile. That was awesome. :) So I went through all of the Paige Evans collections and got out all of my swatch books. I chose all the ones that were in the colors that I needed. 


I backed all of the squares to create the heart shape and backed the rest of the squares with vellum (which you can't really see on the pictures...). Then I adhered the whole thing to a mint sheet of cardstock and started machine-stitching. I used a regular stitch on the borders and a zig-zag stitched all around the heart.

Then I created a frame for my layout, using a pink patterned paper from my stash.



To embellish, I didn't really had somethi ng specific in mind. So I went through a of things from my stash and chose a cardboard llama from Crate Paper, some fussy-cut flowers from Dear Lizzy, some cardboard words and arrows from My Mind's Eye (I think...;) and some other little bits. I matted my photo on some patterned paper and adhered it to the layout, using foam.


Then I added my chosen embellishments in a way that I liked and looked balanced to me. I also added some tangled thread to give the whole thing more detail and interest. 

To finish, I added some white splatters of paint.

I really hope you like it and are inspired to use that cutfile too. 

See you soon, 

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Your Affiliate Profit Machine is ready -

    And making profit with it is as easy as 1..2..3!

    Here's how it works...

    STEP 1. Tell the system what affiliate products you want to push
    STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON traffic (it takes JUST 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. Watch the system explode your list and upsell your affiliate products all for you!

    So, do you want to start making money???

    Click here to start running the system

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Stanford Medical, It's in fact the one and ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh 19 kilos less than we do.

    (By the way, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and EVERYTHING related to "how" they are eating.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

    Click this link to discover if this little test can help you discover your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete