Saturday, February 8, 2020

So Rad | Kylie Kingham.

Hello there friends! It is Kylie back with you on the blog today to share a brand new layout I have been working on. My son's albums have been looking a less full to my daughter's lately so I wanted to create a layout for him. Searching through The Cut Shoppe store, I was drawn to the Brick House cut file, and knew it would make a perfect background for a 'grunge' styled layout.




This layout came together particularly fast, thanks to it being so easy to back. I've kept it pretty simple by adding a contrasting border in navy and backing the grunge styled paper with a solid piece of wood grain themed paper. (This paper collection is 'Boys Rule' by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.) For texture, I was going to add a machine stitched border. However in the end I decided to add a free hand drawn border with a black marker. I thought this tied into the grunge styled theme better.


I added my photo to the background with foam tape, so that it sat up a little for dimension. Surrounding my photo I have added some different coloured and styled frames overlapping each other.


To complete my layout I have added some different styled titles again with foam tape, over the top of the frames. I did this in a manner so that it gave a nice balance and so that it was not looking too over crowded. I thought some of the titles best described my boy! 
This has been a cut file that adds a great amount of texture and detail to your layout but hasn't needed a lot of embellishing.It looks great just as it is!


Thanks for stopping by to see my layout today. I hope it gives you a little inspiration for your own creating.








No comments:

Post a Comment