Thursday, June 14, 2018

New Cut Files | Sweet Smile

I can't help myself, but I always gravitate to background cut files.  But I have to say, it was definitely hard choosing which of the new cut files I wanted to work with on this layout.  In the end, the new Brick House cut file won out!  And I'm glad, because I love the end result of the layout using the background cut file and the Pick Me Up collection from Pink Paislee by Paige Evans.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/607003896/the-brick-house-background-cut-file-can?ref=shop_home_feat_2


When I use a cut file like this, I usually like to back each open space with a different patterned paper.  I've got a lot going on right now with several projects, so I decided to find an easier way to get the same look without it being so time consuming.  I love this 12x12 paper in the Pick Me Up collection, but I wasn't sure how to use it.  Once I cut the Brick House design, I knew immediately this patterned paper would be perfect.  It gives a multi-patterned paper look behind the cut file, without spending so much time cutting and adhering all the different papers.




Another favorite paper in the collection, is the design with the fun frames.  I wanted to use the Thickers for my title, but I was afraid they might get lost layered just over the background paper.  I decided to fussy cut 5 of the frames and use the cut pieces as the base for each letter in the word "sweet".  The end result was just what I was looking for, and it really helped the letters stand out from the background.  I used one of the chipboard pieces that said "smile" to complete the title of the layout.


Lately, I've been in this mode of creating offset clusters on my layouts.  I like the idea of having a lot of elements layered around my photo, especially when I have a busy, colorful background.  All of the elements help draw the eye to the photo or photos on your layout.  Once I have that main cluster finished, I will usually add a smaller cluster using some embellishments from the collection, to give the layout a balanced look.

I hope you've been inspired with some ideas today, for using the new Brick House cut file.  You can find it in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store along with three other fun designs!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment