Wednesday, June 13, 2018

"Love" A Minimalistic Layout with Neftali

Hello there crafty ladies! It’s Neftali back again to share a fun and simple layout with you today. This time I thought I would share a simple technique that would encourage those crafters that might feel a little intimidated to use cutfiles in their layouts. I thought I could share a fun way to make your cutfile use simple, quick, and in no time at all.

But first, here is my layout:

 
I used the Leaf It To Me cutfile available in the shop.



I sized it down on my Silhouette Studio to fit 4 copies on one 12x12 sheet. This left me with 12 total leaves to work with.

So, as my title suggests, this is very much a minimalist layout which took me no longer than 20 minutes to complete. I wanted to be able to share with you how you don’t necessarily have to spend so much time creating with cut files.

Occasionally, I feel that it can feel a little intimidating thinking that, on top of cutting time, you’ll have to spend many hours backing a cut file. Although the results are worth every minute, there are also options to create something stunning but simple. So I went for it!

I loved the idea of keeping a monochromatic feel to my layout, so I cut the leaves on white card stock and scrapped them atop a textured white card stock. Before I added my embellishments on the page I used the packaging technique to add a very subtle amount of color with silver mist. Then I splattered some gold mist.



Now came the easy part, I simply backed my photo with an ephemera piece from the Crate Paper flourish collection and attached it to the center of my page.



I began to add my leaves on top and below my image so that they created a triangle shaped on each each. I layered them on top of each other and used wet glue at the stems so that they would keep some good ol’ dimension.



Next, I cut an old Pink Paislee Moonstruck journal card in half and added that to the left and right side of my image to fill in those big gaps. I was surprised that this year old collection matched so well with the other Crate Paper card.



Finally, I brought out the Flourish gold puffy stickers and added some more pops of gold by sticking some vines and leaves randomly around the clusters.



My title was placed at the bottom of my page with the word “Love” because I love the selfie of myself!



That was it, friends! This layout came together super quick and I still feel like the cut file I used kicked a punch as much as when I back them with bright colors.

So are you guys inspired to create something quick, easy, and fun with the cut files available in the TCS shop? I hope I’ve inspired you to try something new!

Thanks for stopping by today, I will be back soon with more inspiration! Xo






No comments:

Post a Comment