Saturday, June 16, 2018

Soak up the Sun | Erica Thompson

Hey everyone!  Erica here with you today to share a new layout using the Dainty Doily cut file!

The Dainty Doily cut file is so fun to work with and I had a lot of fun backing it with pretty papers from my stash kit!  Once again I used some older papers from Simple Stories and Pink Paislee!  I decided to try something different and cut the doily in half after I had all the pieces backed.  I was a little nervous about cutting it but it turned out perfect!  Thank goodness for a nice sharp paper cutter!
I added a few layers behind my photo and used a lot of embellishments from Fancy Pants Designs Hello Sunshine collection.

To make it a little faster to back the files I pulled out some of my circle punches to cut out the papers I used.  This saved me a lot of time and also helped use up some smaller scraps I had.  
The photo is of my niece Mia enjoying some sun and pool time!  I thought this was the perfect photo to use the Dainty Doily cut file!  The circle shape of her pink floatie just reminded me of the shape of the cut file!  Here is a look at my completed layout!  


The possibilities are endless with this file!  I would love to see what you create with the Dainty Doily cut file!  You can grab it HERE in The Cut Shoppe!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Make sure to follow The Cut Shoppe on Facebook and Instagram to say up to date on all the new cut file releases, sales and Freebies!  




No comments:

Post a Comment