Saturday, February 2, 2019

Yo Addison | A Birthday Layout

Hello Lovelies! Theresa here to share a fun boy layout, using the Hexagon Heart Cut file. This cut file is brand new in the shop and you can find it here.




Our boy Addison celebrated his fifteenth birthday last August, and he happens to really like pink! In addition to the Hexagon Heart cut file, I also chose Pink Paislee Whimsical products to help bring this layout together. Have a look.





First I backed the cut file using the 2x2 paper pads from the Whimsical collection. My cut file was cut using my Silhouette Cameo and solid card stock from Close To My Heart. I chose a darker shade of the background, which is a pink-ish-red-coral color. The darker cut file contrasts beautifully against the lighter background.I went through an entire 2x2 paper pad to back this cut file, and I am not sad about that! It was fun to cut those pieces and watch the heart come to life with all these pretty patterns!




I also splattered the background with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray (Primrose) and Tim Holtz Distress Paint (Seedless Preserves). Once I adhered the cut file to my page I began adding some of the fun elements around the cut file. I began with some of the rub-ons, which create a home base for each of the embellishment clusters. There are three clusters: one at the top left, one at the center right, and one by the photo at the bottom left.




For the cluster at the bottom left I added a few word strips as well. This serves to add more words, which then becomes part of my journaling for the page. The other two clusters are formed from the rub-on strips, puffy clouds and cloud stickers, and star rub-ons, star puffy stickers, and the title of the layout.




My title goes around the cut file, using the alphabet Thickers called Happy Life. I also added just a few of the rub-ons around the edges of the page. They were so much fun and add a truly whimsical feel to the page!




Thank you so much for joining me today! See you again soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment