Monday, February 11, 2019

You're Some Kind Of Wonderful | Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout

Hello Lovelies! Theresa here today and I have a mixed media layout to share with you that I created using the Rosey Posey cut file! You can find this cut file in the shop here.




Here is my layout I designed. I began my layout with two cuts from the file that I cut apart to make more pretty layers.






Once I had my cut files ready, I created a quick mixed media background. I took the Prima Art Alchemy Sparks paint in Butterfly Spells and ran my brush along the edges of my card stock. I allowed the paint to flow down the paper from each side, so it created a rough grid across the page. This paint also adds a bit of glitter to the page!





I backed the cut files with a bit of Maggie Holmes patterned paper from Willow Lane. The teal color in this collection inspired me, so anything that had that color from that collection was fair game. I challenged myself to use all the teal things in that collection, no matter how random they seemed! The patterned paper looks amazing peeking through the cut file, and that is the home base for my photo.





I had this pom pom frame from the Crate Paper Wild Hearts collection and I cut my photo to fit inside. I also turned it on the side, just to add a bit of visual interest. So fun! Once the photo and cut file were adhered, I added the fun extra bits.





The embellishments lead your eye up and across the page, from the bottom tags to the birdie and the number 01 in the right corner. On the way up your eye gets these wonderful punches of color and the texture of the cut file.






My story for this layout is all about Natalie's first day of first grade, so I repeated the 1's several times across the layout. The 1 at the bottom is from Felicity Jane, and the number tag at the top is from my stash, probably Dear Lizzy. The little panda and the big panda are so cute, and they tell the story of little sister, big sister, here on this most important day.




I also adhered some of the chipboard stars and hearts from Willow Lane around the die cut, just for fun. My title comes from the chipboard banner at the top, which says "You're some kind of wonderful."





It was so much fun to add all these delightful layers and embellishments to this layout! 


Thank you for joining me today. I hope you will run over to the shop and grab this cut file, it is sure to be a staple in your collection. See you again soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment