Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Sun Shiny Day | Erica Thompson

Do you have a favorite summer collection? Well I think the new Simple Stories Sunshine & Blue Skies is my new favorite summer collection. The colors are gorgeous and I thought this collection was the perfect match with the Sun Shiny Day cut file.
I cut the file out on some white cardstock and used white as my background. I pulled out some ink colors from Cathereine Pooler Designs that I think are a perfect match. Samba, Coral Cabana, Limoncello, Suede Shoes, Mardi Gras. I used these colors to create splatters all over my background matching the colors with the backed cut file.

I love all the color peeking out behind the file and it reminds me of colorful confetti. All I did was take the ink pad and press it to an acrylic block. I used my water bottle to spray some water onto the block and mixed it together with a small paint brush. Then I just flicked the color onto the water cardstock.

I popped the cut file up with some foam adhesive for dimension and tucked in some of the Sunshine & Blue Skies die cut flowers around the cut file. I also added an epoxy flair from Scrappin Happy Studio. Here is a look at my completed layout!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my layout. If you haven't got your hands on this cut file yet you really need to! You can find it HERE in The Cut Shoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment