Monday, May 27, 2019

So Fun | Tarrah McLean

Hi Cut Shoppe friends!

It's Tarrah McLean back with you and today I am sharing a pretty layout using the gorgeous Dainty Doily cut file. I was totally inspired to use this cut file because of the Ferris wheel photo! I teamed with the Crate Paper Carousel collection and I love how it turned out!

Dainty Doily

I cut the cut file out from white cardstock as I knew that I was going to back it with a bright coloured paper. Once I had backed it, I machine stitched around the main circle to add texture and detail. I then added craft foam underneath to adhere it down to the background patterned paper, creating shadows and dimension. I then took some of the scallop stickers and added those tucked in around the perimeter to enhance the scallop design.  
In the centre of the Dainty Doily cut file, I added a chipboard Ferris wheel and then placed my photo to the left of the centre. I added a few phrase embellishments to my photo that were suitable for the photo and also used some of the packaging under the photo to repeat the scallop design. I also added some embellishments to the top of the page to create a sense of movement.
 
My title was made up of the chipboard stickers from the Carousel collection and I added many other embellishments including puffy stickers, die-cuts, enamel dots and clear stickers to decorate my page and tell the story. Lastly I added the date stamp of the day I took the photo.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by The Cut Shoppe blog today!

Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment