Thursday, January 17, 2019

Going Crazy | A Hybrid Scrapbook Layout!

Hello Lovelies! Theresa here today sharing a hybrid layout I created using the Snapshots digital collection. This amazing collection includes patterned papers, journal cards, die cut pieces, and a really fun alphabet set, and can be purchased in the shop here: Snapshots Collection.



I am always so excited to work with digital products because the possibilities for using them are endless! It's like all the good things in our industry all together: beautiful products delivered instantly (no shipping!), fantastic papers and embellishments, and the ability to print them and manipulate them any way we want to. Here is my layout I created with this awesome collection:



I was inspired by my background paper and these photos I took of myself and my husband the day after Christmas. We were exhausted! We were so tired and happy and done from all the holiday hoopla and we had taken this hilarious series of selfies together, so I used the background paper to make frames for each of the photos.


I had so much fun clipping these hilarious photos and using this background paper to fit the story I wanted to tell. This paper is so fun and gives lots of other opportunities to add embellishments and journaling, as well. I printed out some of the embellishments in the kit and added those, such as the pink and yellow hearts.



I also added a few dimensional embellishments, such as the "together" rubber word from Maggie Holmes, and the candy heart from Crate Paper.


My journaling is split between two frames, one is in the upper right corner and the other is right beside the title on the left hand side.



My favorite element of this layout, and perhaps the most fun to make, was the title! The Snapshots collection has a really fun alphabet set that I used as a clipping mask for some of the patterned papers. I really wanted to make the title as quirky and silly as the photos, so I clipped my favorite papers to the letters and brought them all together to form my words. Then I added a white border around the words and cut them out with my Silhouette.


I adhered my title to the layout using pop dots just so they would stand out a bit. You can see video tutorials for how I created the title below.



I also created a tutorial sharing how I clipped my photos to the background paper, which you can see here.



Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope this has inspired you to use digital scrapbooking collections in your own memory keeping!












No comments:

Post a Comment